Saturday, July 19, 2008

answering some questions

Thanks to everyone who has been reading so far! A few people have posted comments with questions; I thought I'd just answer them here.

"I'm not a fan of digging through dead bodies"
LOL Really? So why Path then? I mean, you would expect that a Pathologist-to-be would at least be semi-excited about dead bodies. Unless you're aiming for clinical path.

I would call autopsy the part of my job I least look forward to. I don't hate it, but it doesn't fascinate me. I prefer investigating the body on a microscopic level, not a gross level. But then, I haven't performed an autopsy yet (I start in November), so perhaps I'll change my tune. Clinical path is neat, but I think surgical pathology is my calling.

just curious about the pronunciation of the Tsukamurella spp.
is it SOO-ka-myoo-rell-a? or some other such business?

I only heard it once, during a review session. I think it was SOO-ka-moo-rell-a.

And now a question for you folks out there -- any ideas how to promote this blog?

1 comment:

Nothing said...

Well you've already done SDN (how I found you) but if you use any other forums then put a link in your signature. This also works for emails. Also, if you read other blogs then when you comment you can leave your link.