Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Still around ...

I really wish I could have gotten this blog really going, but it clearly didn't happen, and it's too late to start now. Between regular work hours (we hit 70-80 hours per week on surg path), doing two research projects, making presentations, studying (I am reading Sternberg cover-to-cover), and having some semblance of a life outside residency, this blog was just always too far down the "to-do" list. For that, I apologize.

Here's what I can do. If you have any questions about pathology residency, about the life of a pathology resident, or etc., feel free to ask, and I will post a response as soon as I am able.

Thank you to the handful of people who are here.

6 comments:

adverseaffect said...

i m reading rosai

ForensicPathBound said...

I can't tell you how much I enjoy your blog! I'm a 3rd year medical student that has always wanted to go into pathology (it's the only reason I am in medical school). I've been nervous about what to expect in path residency and on path rotations but your blog has given me an insight to this. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences!!!

FB said...

Is there anyway to communicate with you through email??? I am an IMG, and currently doing research in Canada. Clearly, I love to absorb all information there is about how to tackle pathology residency with excellence.

you have great writing skills, and you remind me of William Nolen (Author of the Making of a surgeon).

If its feasible to have your email address, I would be enthralled!!!

PathRes said...

FB -- thank you for your kind words! I'd prefer not to give out an e-mail address, but if you have any questions, please post them here and I will answer them as soon as I can. Good luck!

Ruthy said...

I just found your blog and I am currently in undergrad school getting ready to graduate in a year. I would love to hear more about pathology because I am very interested in pursuing that aspect of medicine. I currently work as a veterinary technician because I wanted to pursue Veterinary medicine but has since changed my mind. I think pathology is something I would enjoy much more than any other medical field.

PathRes said...

Ruthy -- Hi, and thanks for stopping by! I wish I'd been able to keep this blog updated, but pathology residency has taken up more time than I ever thought it would (we may work fewer hospital hours than most residents, but boy, do we make up for it in reading after hours!). I'm in the middle of studying for boards right now, so time is even more tight than usual. If you have any specific questions, feel free to post them here, and I'll get to them as time allows.